Fundamentals of Economic Development
Economic Development is key to regional success.
Held Wednesday evenings in the Cortex District, this Chancellor’s Certificate program covers economic and community development concepts and tools to attract, assess, and support development and redevelopment opportunities in our communities. Course modules will lead participants through the steps necessary to develop and implement economic development plans and projects.
This program is designed for:
- Public sector economic development commissioners and staff
- Special taxing district commissioners and staff
- Elected officials
- Community Development Corporation board members and staff
- Private sector specialists
- Citizens and students interested in economic/ community development
Wednesdays, March 1 to May 3, 2017 from 6-9 p.m.
(no class March 8, April 12)
CIC@CET, 20 S. Sarah St., St. Louis, MO 63108
$75 for individual modules | $500 for 8 modules
Course instructors are senior economic development practioners in Missouri and Illinois, representing nonprofit, public, and private perspectives.
Earn a noncredit UMSL Chancellor’s Certificate in Fundamentals of Economic Development by completing six of the eight modules. You may sign up for the entire course or for individual modules.