From the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership:
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency has selected St. Louis City as the Agency Preferred Alternative for the new NGA West headquarters.
Now begins a public comment period through May 2.
As a supporter of the North St. Louis location, we would like to invite you to comment on the final selection of the next NGA West site and forward this message to all your friends and colleagues.
This vitally important project will bring 6,000 new construction jobs to the City of St. Louis; it will retain 3,100 jobs and will result in $1.6 billion dollars invested in the near North Side.
To assist with your comments, included here are a few reasons why NGA announced its public support of North St. Louis location as the preferred site:
- NGA chose the St. Louis because it best supports the NGA mission.
- The top criteria for choosing the St Louis site is the superiority of the urban setting for recruiting and retaining a highly-skilled workforce.
- St. Louis is close to critical data facilities, Lambert St. Louis International Airport, and other facilities critical to NGA’s mission today and into the future.
- The points that NGA Director Robert Cardillo considered were: mission needs; security concerns; cost and schedule impacts; environmental studies; and applicable laws, policies, regulations and executive orders.
- This site offers the least amount of impact to employees’ commutes with 2/3 of employees being Missouri residents, and proximity to innovation communities both downtown and at Cortex.
In the statement announcing St. Louis as the NGA’s preferred option, Director Cardillo stated, “The St. Louis site provides NGA with the most technological, academic, and professional environment for this agency to develop the capabilities and solutions necessary to solve the hardest intelligence and national security problems entrusted to us by the American people.”
For more information, please refer to the City of St. Louis website.
Thank you for your continuing support of the North St. Louis NGA project!