Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) Committee
In December 2010, a group of ULI women leaders convened to assess opportunities for increasing the number and visibility of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry. The group met several times to discuss the relevance and value of a ULI initiative to develop women leaders. The outgrowth of those meetings was the creation of the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI), part of the ULI Robert C. Larson Leadership Initiative.
To further the initiative at a local level, ULI St. Louis formed a Woman’s Leadership Initiative Committee late in 2011 and was one of the first WLI groups in the U.S. Today, the St. Louis WLI Committee is spearheading efforts in our region to support the WLI mission:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members
- Support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
To-date, this formidable group of women have launched the popular Cocktails & Conversations series and hosted such speakers as Amy Berg, President of S.M. Wilson, Suzanne Sitherwood, President & CEO of the Laclede Group, Maggie Hales, Executive Director of CityArchRiver 2015 Foundation, and Dr. Beth Stroble, President of Webster University.
For more information about the Women’s Leadership Initiative, contact any of the WLI committee members below:
Bonnie Roy, SWT Design, WLI Chair
Alexia Anderson, Rome West Realty LLC
Sarah Coffin, Saint Louis University
Allison Gray, Colliers International
Denise Jones, Husch Blackwell
Eliza Simington, City Design Group, Inc.